Standard 3-Jaw DOUBLE CHUCK Hubless Mounting Kit for Drums and Rotors. Works on any brake lathe with 1" arbor. Includes TWO CHUCKS, one with STANDARD JAWS and one with TRUCK JAWS. Better than a Double Sided Chuck (see below) and LESS MONEY!
Chuck with standard jaws (2.13" - 3.75" holes).
Chuck with Truck jaws (3.63" - 5.75" holes).
Medium (5") backing plate
Large (7.25") backing plate
- Better Centering - Works like a MACHINISTS' LATHE CHUCK properly centering the drum or rotor on the lathe.
- Faster - no need to change jaws or adjust both sides of a DOUBLE SIDED CHUCK.
- Universal - Can handle center holes from 2.13" - 5.75". Fits all lathes with a 1" arbor. Eliminates the need for cups, cones, and springs.
- Better results - firmly clamps and transfers the mass of the adapter to the rotor or drum. Helps dampen vibration and chatter; especially on "composite" rotors.
BETTER THAN A DOUBLE SIDED CHUCK - here's why........
- YOU HAVE 2 CHUCKS! If you have 2 brake lathes, you can USE BOTH CHUCKS AT THE SAME TIME!
- FASTER SET-UP! Double sided chucks often need both sides to be adjusted; the side you are using to clamp your work, and also the side you are not using to CLEAR THE SPACERS ON THE BACK SIDE! You can also SET-UP ONE CHUCK WHILE USING THE OTHER.
- Less chance of damaging the BUSINESS END OF THE CHUCK. The un-used jaws on a double sided chuck must go along for the ride and need to be adjusted to clear mounting spacers. If not done properly, the jaws or the chuck can be damaged.
3 Jaw Chuck Kit Recommendations (passenger car and light truck hubless applications)
If you want to do...
|Recommended kit||and these options|
|Every application as quickly as possible.||3JDCS||70047 & 70054|
|Every application, but don't mind taking a moment to change jaws.||3JCS||70047 & 70054|
|Most applications as quickly as possible, but not Toyota Tundra.||3JDCS|
|Most applications, but don't mind taking a moment to change jaws. Not Toyota Tundra.||3JCS|
|Only larger applications, including Toyota Tundra.||70048||70054|
|Only larger applications, but not Toyota Tundra.||70048|
|Only smaller applications.||70040||
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Best kit for top hat rotors